Automated garage doors are a true blessing as they have made our lives significantly simpler. But sometimes this blessing turns into a curse when due to some unusual reason, the door stops working.
In order to attain a door that works reliably for years, you need to perform periodic maintenance tasks. Lubrication, wiping the tracks with clean cloth to prevent the residue etc can help in eliminating the factors resisting the door from smooth operation.
Ultimate Maintenance Tips
But it is sad that sometimes, the door system gets ruptured and you are left with only one option i.e. calling a professional. However, there are several troubleshooting tips that can help you in repairing the door that includes:
- Check the power button first. May be the door elements aren’t getting sufficient electricity. If the plug is firmly fixed to the socket and all appears well move further to the next step. Otherwise, calling a professional must be your verdict.
- Pull the emergency release chain to open the door. In case the door doesn’t open, follow the next step.
- Check if there is any obstruction including pebbles, toys or any other foreign object resisting the door from functioning properly. You must remove the obstruction for smooth operation.
- You need to check the door for damages, may be your children or any other person might have hit the tracks, panels or springs. If you find some damages, try to fix them or call an expert technician immediately.
- Sometimes the opener motor is over heated that causes the door to jam. Wait for 15 minutes and let the motor cool down. If it could not rectify the problem, install a new garage door opener or try the next step.
- Press the auxiliary push button controller. If the door doesn’t work, get the push button fixed by the pro or move onto the next step.
Side Note: Check the batteries of the transmitter before moving on.
- It is advisable to change your access security code often. If you and your neighbor will be using the same door security code, the door functioning might cease or create confusion.
- Inspect the brackets, door tracks, springs, pulley as this can also create issues in the proper functioning of the door. Immediate garage door spring replacement is recommended, if you find minor signs of wear and tear.
- Examination of the belt drive is also crucial, if the door is aligned. Sometimes little adjustment or replacements in the belt drive can solve the trouble.
- If the door reverse back unnecessarily or opens and close partially, height adjustment and safety fixtures are needed to be adjusted. Try to adjust the screws but don’t forget that these adjustments require accurate tools and technical skills.
The above troubleshooting tips can help you in finding and solving the crucial issues of garage door faulty operation. If you find something that is beyond your control, calling professional technicians is the best alternative.