The belt drive garage door opener is expensive as compared to other drives. But, it is definitely worth every penny. There are mainly three types of garage door openers available for residential garage doors: the chain drive, screw drive, and belt drive. Every type has its own pros and cons and working mechanism to move the door up and down. In order to ensure the smooth operation of your door, you need to check it on a regular basis. Sometimes, the issue can be in opener or any other part of the door, in any situation, you should call a professional technician for assistance.
Characteristics of Belt Drive Opener
1. Quieter System: It is the most quietest system as compare to other two openers. If your home is adjacent to your garage, this is the best option for you.
2. Belt Driven: Belt driven openers run on rubber style belt that allows them to work smoothly without any noise. You won’t even experience any kind of squeaking or vibration. They are also very robust and durable.
3. Availability of Options: When buying a belt drive, you get a wide range of options to choose from. They have different additional and security features for a smoother functioning.
4. Ease of Installation: They are easy to install and maintain. Many companies such as Wayne-Dalton and Chamberlain also provide you with easy to install DIY type door openers. However, it is advisable to consult a professional for help.
5. Different Sizes: These openers are available in a variety of sizes such as 1/4 HP, 1/2 HP, and 3/4 HP. They give different amount of power and you should choose one as per the weight of your garage door.
Belt driven garage doors lift and lower the door effortlessly. You won’t experience any noise or disturbance. These are a few reasons why homeowners prefer this type of opener. At Promaster Garage Doors & Windows, our professionals will help in installing the opener. We know how to complete the job right the first time.