Whether you are thinking about to buy a new garage door or update an existing overhead door, one of the most important factors you will need to think about an insulated door. When it comes to purchasing a new door for your garage, most of the people tend to go for a steel or wooden door. They have only one idea in their mind that is buying an automatic door. But they don’t think about an insulated door.
A good looking door can enhance the value of your property, but if it is non-insulated, it will not good for your belongings that you have stored in the garage. You need to buy a door that keeps criminals out and enhances the sense of security. When it comes to energy efficiency, there is nothing can beat an insulated overhead door. Here are a few benefits of choosing an insulated door for your garage.
- Energy efficient: For most of the homeowners, the garage is an integral part of their property. A garage door is something that makes the property susceptible to the extremes of temperature that come with the changing seasons. Installing an insulated door will you save energy. If you have an attached garage, an insulated door will help you keep it warm during the winter season and cooler in the summer.
- More durable: These doors are constructed differently from other and single layer doors. This feature makes them stronger. Most of the insulated doors are made with a steel and aluminum frame, which is filled with solid core insulation. Non-insulated door could be dented by car, ball, or bikes. These dents can make your door more vulnerable and also lower a home’s value and curb appeal.
- Quieter: These doors tend to be much quieter than others. It is the most important benefit of an insulated door. Old doors produce some awkward noise when you open and close the door. If this happens to you, your neighbor may complaint you regarding this. If you have a living room next or above to the garage, this awkward noise can be a nuisance.
- It boosts your house’s resale value: When you are thinking about to sell your house, the foremost thing house hunter sees is your garage door. If you use it as your main entry point, don’t forget it is the face of your house. Most of the house hunters want an insulated garage door. So, if you don’t have an insulated door, you may lose your potential buyers.
- Turn your garage into work area: Have you ever thought how your neighbors enjoy the work area in their garage year round? It is a matter of an insulated door. If you want to convert your garage into a work place, insulation can make it possible.
A properly insulated door will also keep mice, rats, squirrels and other pets out of the garage. If you are planning to insulate your garage door, give the experts at Promaster Garage Doors & Windows a call. We will help you to choose the right door and also serve you overhead door installation service.