The garage is a great place to store garden equipments, tools and other stuff. It is a space where you spend your lots of time. Most of the people use their garage doors as a trash bin and dump everything in it whatever they don’t want to store in their house. But they don’t know that there are some things that you should never store in your garage. These things can be dangerous for you and your family members. It mitigates the security and increases the chances of an accident. Storing some dangerous items poses a danger to your health and safety.
Here is a list of some things that you should never store in your garage.
- Propane: Cooking outdoors with family and friends is a great pastime. For a good barbecue, you need propane. You store your propane tank in the garage in colder months. Do you know the storage of propane tanks in the garage is dangerous for you? A small leak in the tank can cause an explosion. To prevent any fire accident, make sure you keep it outside in a well-ventilated area.
- Paint: With the passing of time paint gets ruined if store it uncovered. If you want to use paint again in the future, its need to be kept indoors. The extremely hot and cold temperature of the garage can ruin both opened and unopened paint cans.
- Canned food: It does not matter which food items you have stored in the garage, whether human food, dog food or bird food. It is highly recommended that don’t store any type of food item here. These items attract a lot of insects and rodents. So, it is better to store these items somewhere other place to avoid rodents and insects.
- Clothing and linens: Most of the homeowners store their off season clothes in the garage. But this is not the right place to store these items. Especially during the winter season, animals like rodents, raccoons seek cozy places to borrow and make their nests. It does not matter where you store clothing and linens, it is crucial to store them in sealed plastic bag or container.
- Paper products: Books or paper products such as cardboard boxes, newspaper, photo albums, documents, files, paper plates and cups should not be stored in the garage. It is best to store them indoors. These items give an invitation to vermin and pests, who like living in the paper products. If you have a leakage problem in your garage, the water can destroy your books and important documents.
There are a variety of items that can be safely stored in the garage. For the safety of your family members and your house, it is best not to store these given items. If you want to know about garage storage space, talk with professionals at the Promaster Garage Door and Window.